Types of Blinds Available: When it comes to choosing blinds, Borrowash consumers can choose from one of these basic types: Vertical blinds, Horizontal blinds, Pleated blinds and Roll-down shades.
These blinds are also available in a variety of different materials and some of the most common ones used to create Borrowash blinds are: Wood, Vinyl, PVC, Canvas and Bamboo. Vinyl or PVC blinds can also be found in styles that mimic natural wood, yet provide better resistance to the weather than natural wood does.
Thanks to our strict screening policy and ratings by ordinary members of the public, you know you can trust our specialist contractors to do your home improvement project justice.
Compare and save with free quotes
Benefits and Features of Borrowash Blinds: Blinds have lots of unique advantages over other types of window coverings, including:
• Provide greater levels of privacy
• Durable and last for years
• Can be adjusted to let sunlight in or out
• Can be partially opened, making it easy to see outside
• Some models can be raised or lowered remotely
Those who prefer the look of traditional curtains can still benefit from installing window blinds. Consumers can hang draperies over the top of their window blinds in order to provide even greater privacy or to dress a room up a bit. Blinds work with any type of decorating scheme, so there’s no need to change the existing furniture or accessories in order to give a room a crisp, finished look.
Blinds are also available in a multitude of colours. Although white, beige and tan are the most common colours, they can be custom-ordered in nearly any shade. This is good news for those who would like their Borrowash blinds to match their furnishings exactly.
Blinds come in standard-sized lengths and widths which may not work for every situation. Those who have windows that are unusual sizes or shapes may need to have them special ordered to ensure a custom fit. One of the benefits of using a professional blind installation contractor is the fact that these professionals can easily create a set of blinds that will fit your window perfectly, thereby ensuring the end result is aesthetically pleasing. Traditional blinds may not always work on round, oval, or bay windows, which means that homeowners with these types of windows may want to take advantage of custom-designed blinds.
Benefits to Professional Installation: Many homeowners like to install their own blinds. Residents may want to consider the convenience of having a professional contractor install them instead. This can save a great deal of time and ensure the best possible fit. When it comes to finding a contractor to install blinds, many of the same companies that create custom blinds also have technicians who can deliver and install blinds for a nominal charge.
Factors that Affect Cost: When it comes to buying Borrowash blinds or having them installed, the overall cost can depend on a number of things, including:
• Size of the blind
• Shape of the window
• Type of material the blind is made from
• Whether additional hardware needs to be added for support
• Special features of the blinds such as automatic opening
Making the decision to replace old window coverings with new blinds is a smart one for many reasons. All Borrowash blinds look great in any room, and getting rid of window coverings that are old and faded can provide a fresh new look to an area yet requires relatively little time and money.
Your Borrowash window blind questions answered
- How do I measure for blinds? Determine whether you want the blinds above the window or within the window frame. Measure the height and width of your window frame from edge to edge, and add a few centimetres to all four sizes for externally mounted blinds. Optionally, leave the measuring to the professional installers.
- How do I install the blinds once they are purchased? If you don't opt for professional installation, make sure you read the installation instructions that come with each set of blinds, as the procedure to get them installed may vary from style to style.
- Should blinds be professionally installed? Blind installation is a very easy job that does not need to be done professionally. That being said, there are companies that offer blind installation for those who do not have the time or inclination to handle the process themselves.
- How much do blinds cost, on average? On average, the cost of blinds will start at £10-£30 each. The price will vary depending on the size of the blinds and the material used for construction. Blinds used to cover larger windows will, of course, cost more than those for smaller applications.
Our Online Form
Tell us a little about your blinds requirements such as number and rough size using our online quote application form. It only takes a minute.
Your Free Quotes
We'll approach our network of specialists and invite up to four of them to contact you with their very best quotes completely obligation-free.